If you are looking to take a Kid Friendly Cruise then I need to tell you about the Magical Disney Dream!
Including the World-Famous Disney Hospitality, Convenience at your finger-tips and Safe Environments, this is the Ultimate Family Experience! It even includes Adult Only areas as well, incase you need a Getaway on your Getaway.. And don’t worry about the Baby-Sitter, they’ve got that figured out too! Keep reading to find out how else the Disney Dream from the Disney Cruise Line makes you feel like Royalty in Dining, Entertainment, Shopping & even Stateroom Service!
Entertainment & Shopping
One of the Awesome perks of being on a Disney Cruise are the Free still-in-Theatre Disney motion pictures located in the comfortable and state-of-the-art Buena Vista Theatre. Both Avengers Infinity Wars and Solo: A Star Wars Story were just some of the Movies playing when we Cruised. The Walt Disney Theatre is where you would see live shows such as Beauty and the Beast, The Golden Mickeys (Tribute to Walt Disney) and Disney’s Believe (Musical).
This picture above was from the Night we saw the Beauty and the Beast Live and the Kids LOVED it! That’s my Stepson Connor with his Mother Wendie Excited before the show began. The whole Production was Beautifully done and I would definitely Recommend checking it out if your planning a Disney Cruise that offers it. Throughout the Ship there were a variety of activities to do like this Midship Detective Agency Mystery Game. Here you can be a Detective throughout the Ship and Collect Clues from Mickey and his Friends to help find the bad guy.
With the Disney Cruise Ships being so completely Family/Kid oriented, there aren’t any Casinos on any of these Ships. All that extra space that isn’t being used for Casino space can be used for more Family FUN! Then on top of that, the Dream is one of the Larger Disney Cruise Ships.. there was almost too much for us to do on our 4 Day- 3 Night Cruise! Whether your in the mood for Action, or just want to enjoy a leisure walk outside on the Beautiful Deck there’s something for everyone.
I was relieved there was so much to do on the Ship at all different times, for all different age groups. For my two year old who wasn’t potty trained yet, she absolutely loved the Nemo Reef- Water Play Area (she just needed to wear a swim diaper under her bathing suit). This splash pad is in the pool area so everyone still stayed close whether we were in the Pool, Nemos Reef, or even the AquaDuck!
These are some of the areas for kids of all ages aboard the Disney Dream:
- It’s a Small World (Internationally themed Nursery)
- The Oceaneer Club (Children 3 to 12 years old- Interact in Multiple-themed areas)
- The Oceaneer Lab (Children 3 to 12 years old- Learn and Play via themed Activities)
- Edge (A Complete Tween Activity Club)
- Vibe (An Exclusive Teen Chill Space)
**For more information on Registration, Check-in, Open-houses, etc. check out the Disney Cruise Website.
Let’s talk pampering for a second.. From Awesome Mickey Mouse Wake-Up Calls, to how the Children are referred to as Prince or Princess, Disney does an Exceptional job at making the children feel just as special as the parents going on the Cruise. Here are some extra ideas for some Special time onboard with your kids: Brilliant Makeovers at their Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique (I noticed a lot of girls got this done right before taking Professional Photos with Disney Princesses/Characters), with that said there’s also Character Meet and Greets, Royal Court Royal Tea time and they even have Night Time Fireworks on Pirate Night!
I made sure to save a little extra Cash for a few Keepsake Souvenirs! I fell in Love with this Dooney & Bourke Disney Cruise Line pattern thats sold in the onboard Shops. We also picked up a “Life is Better at Sea” Disney Cruise-line Pillow, and Nautical Mickey Coasters.
Here are some Additional things to Check out onboard the Disney Dream:
- Vista Gallery (Art Gallery)
- Senses Spa & Salon
- Chill Spa (Teen Spa)
- Fitness Center (Great Ocean View)
- Senses Juice Bar (Just Outside the Gym)
- Shutters (Photo Sessions, View Photos, Create Albums)
- Pirate Night (Deck Party with Fireworks!)
- Beverage Tastings (From Mixology Classes to Tequila Tasting, you can learn about and try these Drinks for a Nominal Fee *Availability fills up quickly)
- Pub 687 (Lounge)
- Meridian (Lounge)
- Bon Voyage (Full Service Bar)
- Currents (Outdoor Bar)
- Skyline (Bar)
- Cove Cafe (Adult-only Lounge)
- District Lounge (Lounge with Live Music)
- Pink (Wine and Champagne Bar)
- D Lounge (Family Entertainment Lounge)
- Evolution (Adult-only Nightclub)
- Sea Treasures (Nautical Themed Retail Shop)
- Mickey’s Mainsail (Retail Shop including Costumes and Accessories)
- Whozits & Whatzits (Retail Shop right by the Pool selling all Pool/Beach Essentials)
- White Caps (Retail One-Stop Shop)
- Vanellope’s Sweets and Treats (Dessert Shop themed after Disney’s Wreck-It Ralph)
**Complimentary Pool Vests are available at the pool decks aboard all ships.
- AquaDuck (Water Coaster)
- Mickey’s Pool (Shallow Depth Pool with Waterslide)
- Donald’s Pool (Freshwater)
- Funnel Puddle (Wading Pool)
- Quiet Cove Pool (Adult-only)
- Satellite Falls (Adult-only Relaxation Area)
All of the Disney Cruise Ships serve dinners in a Rotational Dining style. What this just means is that your Wait Staff stays with you every night even though you eat at and experience a different restaurant every night.
The Restaurants and Eateries aboard the Disney Dream were Fun, Animated, Interactive and as follows:
- Animator’s Palate- Main Dining (Dinner Show/Entertainment)
- Cabanas- Casual Dining (Buffet)
- Enchanted Garden- Main Dining (themed after the Gardens of Versailles)
- Flo’s Cafe- Casual Dining (Quick Service)
- Royal Palace- Main Dining (French Inspired/Disney Princess themed)
- Palo- Italian Inspired Fine Dining (Adult Exclusive)
- Remy- French Inspired Fine Dining (Adult Exclusive)
Staterooms & Room Service
This was my First Time cruising with a Toddler, so naturally I had some concerns. What if I forgot something at home, what if they didn’t have something I needed? Well I can honestly tell you that Disney definitely eased any anxiety I had and did a great job accommodating to our needs. Either when booking your Cruise Online or once you get to your Stateroom the first day just ask your Room Service Staff for anything else you might required. As an example, I requested a Diaper Pail and they provided a Diaper Genie and I also requested some kind of a Crib (which is in the picture below). At night I would call Room Service and request a few Whole Milks and a couple of waters for my Toddler (whether she wanted some before bed, in the middle of the night, or the moment she woke up in the morning. I had peace of mind knowing there was some in our Mini Fridge right there in our Stateroom!)
**Guests 21 years and older can pack one of these two in their Carry-On:
- 2 bottles of unopened Wine or Champagne (max 750ml each) or
- 6 Beers (max 12 ounces each)
Bringing one of your Wine Bottles to Dinner is allowed but has a Corking Fee of $25 per bottle. For more information on Disney’s Cruise-lines Alcohol Policy please visit Disney’s Website directly.
Thanks for joining me on my own/ our families personal tour/experience of the Disney Dream! This trip was my Stepson Connors WISH with the Make-a-Wish Foundation. As a Family we will never forget this incredible experience and will have Magical Memories to last a lifetime!
I look forward to continue sharing any adventures we take. And as always, I appreciate any likes or SHARES♥️
Until Next Time✌️